PressTigers

Task #1718: Simple Job Board Plugin

There are a lot of free career/job board plugins already available in WordPress repository. Simple Job Board is a WordPress Plugin that implements full featured job board on websites. Our in-house project is a shortcode based Job board plugin which is developed now and available at WordPress repository.

Available jobs can be shown on any page by inserting a jobpost shortcode. It has the following features:

Admin Panel:

• Job Posting
  • Job listing
  • Job edit and removal
  • Applicants listing
  • Applicants detail page.

Front-end:

• Job listing on any page by WordPress shortcode
  • Job detail page
  • Application form with CV attachment.

You can download this plugin here

User Comments

45 thoughts on “Task #1718: Simple Job Board Plugin

I am testing Simple Job Board Plugin for functionality.
    I’ve worked thru most of it.
    Would like to know how the email response for ‘job application’ is/can be configured to insert the applicant’s name and email address, for the HR response.

Cheers,
    Peter Coulson

Anas Ali says:

Hello!! I need a little help from an expert. since I’m a newbie at WordPress or Web development in general, I need some help embedding the job board to my Career page on the website and I also want a brief on how it works. do i need to embed it every time I post a new job or is it just a one time thing? Please help!

Support says:

Hi Anas,

Simple Job Board is an easy, robust and shortcode based plugin. You can list multiple jobs at your website by using the shortcode [jobpost]. When you add a new job through admin panel, it will automatically list that job in the jobs listing.

For more information, please visit our plugin’s FAQs section.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Yours truly,
      Sehrish Iftikhar
      Level lll Support

Anas Ali says:

Hello Sehrish,

Thank you for your reply. I look around the FAQs Section. but could you also guide me to a video tutorial regarding your plugin on YouTube or any other website?

Best Regards

Support says:

Hi Anas,

Currently, we don’t have screencast of Job Board plugin. Soon, we will add it on our plugin page.

Please see the screenshots of plugin. Hope you will get an idea about it’s modules and working.

Thanks,

Yours truly,
      Sehrish Iftikhar
      Level lll Support

Anas Ali says:

Hey I’m Having a little problem with the plugin, I the icons get really big when add a link for my contact page in the call to action button which was off course on another row. I do not understand what is the conflict is between the two.

This is how it is looking after I added the link, http://www.test.racgl.com/careers/

Support says:

Anas,

We have gone through the provided link. It seems that you have made few modifications in your plugin due to which plugin styles aren’t loading.

If you have modified the plugin then please revert the changes or re-install the plugin once again.

Thank you. Let us know if the problem still persists.

Yours truly,
      Sehrish Iftikhar
      Level lll Support

Anas Ali says:

Hey I need some help I’m actually having a little problem with the display of the job board since I added a few links to the next row/Widget. And problem is that the job board has increased in size for some reason there are only two job in display and it has taken the whole page, I tried a different plugin yesterday but it did not work either so I’ll be using you plugin only. please help out soon.

Anas Ali says:

Hey Sehrish,

I have not made any modifications. that is why I do not understand what the problem is. Is there a way i could attach screenshots so that I could show you the control panel ? I’m only using [jobpost] as a as a short code in the visual editor widget and thats it.

Anas Ali says:

I Just deleted the page and reinstalled the plugin but i’m still facing the same issue? is there a way to restore the plugin to default?

Anas Ali says:

I have just sent the email, please do let me know if there is anything else needed. looking for a swift response from your support team. Thank you

Anas Ali says:

Hi Sehrish,
      So the Plugin clearly is not compatible with the “Site origin page builder” like you mentioned in the email before and because I’m not actually much of an expert at WP, could you please suggest a compatible page builder?

presstigers says:

Hello Anas,

Page Builder plugin is not compatible with Job Board plugin since it is experiencing errors while loading plugin styles. You can either load plugin styles directly in your theme or use another page builder plugin that fulfills your requirements.

We can’t recommend any other page builder plugin as we have no idea about your requirements. You can find similar plugins from WordPress repository according to your requirements.

Thanks.

Yours truly,
        Sehrish Iftikhar
        Level lll Support

Ashutosh says:

$attachment = apply_filters( ‘sjb_hr_notification_attachment’ , ‘ ‘ ,TRUE); is not working .Please help me out for attachments.
    Please reply me as soon as possible.

Support says:

Hi Ashutosh,

Please don’t change the filter argument. It’s just a filter and only applies when you call its filter hook.

If you know the usage of WP filters then use the “sjb_hr_notification_attachment” filter to write the code for attaching resume in HR email.

Thanks,

Yours truly,
      Sehrish Iftikhar
      Level lll Support

Ashutosh says:

$attachment = apply_filters( ‘sjb_hr_notification_attachment’ , ” , $post_id );is not working .Please help me out for attachments.
    Please reply me as soon as possible.

Support says:

Hi Ashutosh,

Resume attachment filter( “sjb_hr_notification_attachment” ) will work only when you call its filter hook.

If you know the usage of WP filters then use the “sjb_hr_notification_attachment” filter to write the customize code for attaching resume in HR email.

Thanks,

Yours truly,
      Sehrish Iftikhar
      Level lll Support

Henk says:

Is SJB useable in a multisite ?
    With other words can ik use the main jobslistings in al the subwebsites websites.

Do you have a tutorial for this ?

Sherry Haney says:

Questions:

1. Is there a shortcode to show just the search area without the listings below.
    2. Is there a shortcode to show in sidebar with a more reduced version that isn’t scrunched.
    3. Is there a way to have the search results show in a separate page? We want to show it on the home page, but it needs to open in a secondary page.

Hello Sherry,

Thanks for contacting us.

Here are the answers to your questions.

1,3: Currently, we are not providing these features in our plugin but you can customize your job board as per your requirements.

2: For sidebar, we are providing SJB Recent Jobs Widget since 2.4.3 version. You can use it in any sidebar to display recent jobs.

Thanks & Regards,

Abdullah | WP Plugin Developer
      Email: support@presstigers.com

Trent F says:

For some reason, the resume attachment does not end up in the email to the admin or HR. When testing, I attach a pdf to the email, the email arrives, but no attachment in the email.

Hello Trent,

Resume attachment is not a part SJB plugin but can be added upon customization. For this, you need to understand SJB code structure and then write a custom code for it.

You can also purchase our premium add-on named as Email Application from our marketplace.

Thank you. Let us know if you need our further assistance.

Regards,

Sehrish | WP Plugin Developer
      Email: support@presstigers.com

Asiri Sandaruwan says:

Can you Please help me how to find the Resume attachments after Aplicant applied for jobs. I can find just only the Email(In the Admin Email).can’t find the Resume attachments.

Hello Asiri,

Thank you. Let us know if you need our further assistance.

Regards,

Sehrish | WP Plugin Developer
      Email: support@presstigers.com

Asiri Sandaruwan says:

Hi Sehrish,
        Thanks for your assistance.I’ll let you know if I need more details.

Regards,
        Asiri Sandaruwan.

Jon says:

Can you please help me. I am a new user and very novice in WordPress…up to this point I really like what I see however when someone applies to a position and uploads the résumé, I go to my dashboard, see where the résumé is at, click on where it say “Résumé” and I receive an error message saying “It’s not a valid link” Am I missing something? Thanks for your help

Khan says:

I want to remove the upload file feature. How i will do that.

samith jayasundara says:

Is there way to add “featured job post” which display top of list every time.

Hello Samith,

Currently, we are not providing this feature in our plugin. There are following possible ways for this.

– Understand the code structure of the Simple Job Board and customize it as per your needs.

– You can also buy our services regarding Job Board custom work in a very low cost. For this please contact us at support@presstigers.com.

Thanks for reaching us out. Let us know if you need our further assistance.

Regards,

Abdullah | WP Plugin Developer
      Email: support@presstigers.com

caterina says:

Hi there – is it possible to add another required upload field? Like for the resume, but for another form we require applicants to fill in.

Hello Caterina,

Yes, it is possible for this you have to understand the code structure of the Simple Job Board and customize it as per your needs.

As a glimpse, you can modify the job-application.php file placed in the following directory of the SJB.
      simple-job-board/templates/single-jobpost

Thanks for reaching us out. Let us know if you need our further assistance.

Regards,

Abdullah | WP Plugin Developer
      Email: support@presstigers.com

abs says:

can I use this plugin for user frontend submition a gob?

Hello,

Currently, front-end job posting add-on is not available on our marketplace. But you can customize the SJB according to your requirements by understanding its code structure.

You can also avail our services for custom work which will cost $18/hour. If you are interested to buy our services then please contact us at support@presstigers.com.

Thanks for reaching us out. Let us know if you need our further assistance.

Regards,

Abdullah | WP Plugin Developer
      Email: support@presstigers.com

Clive R Jenkins says:

Hello,
    I would like to remove the ‘Apply Online’ section as we would like the applicants to phone or email us. Is this possible.
    Many thanks

Marco says:

Hello,

I installed your plugin and it functions well. But I miss the option, that normal users can add a new job without working with the administration formular.
    Are there any possibility for that?

Many thanks

Ani says:

Hi,
    Uploading the resume with .docx extention is not working. (the console is showing this error: “the server responded with a status of 502” ) And the emails are being send to junk. Is there a solution to fix that?

Hi Ani,

Thanks for writing to us.

Please verify the .dcox file’s size if it is in the range. If this is not the issue, then please share your site URL so that we can scrutinize your issue.

Regarding your second issue, please configure any SMTP plugin.

Regards,